St. Patty’s Day is upon us, and you all know what that means: debauchery, good cheer, celebrating with friends, drinks, partying in Irish Bars, green beer, more partying, seeing more good friends, and then a terrible hangover on Thursday. Ah, perfect, I can you hear you exclaim with eminent satisfaction. But is it?!? Is that the best one can hope for today, or is there more, could we collectively reach out for a better, more nutritious goal? Nutrition, I hear you mutter? Who said anything about nutrition? Well, your doctor, for one, and your mother, and your personal trainer too. They’re all very concerned, you know, and asked that I write this post. So, think of this as a missive from the ones who love you best. So set aside that green beer for a moment (it’s only 10.30am, you shouldn’t even be drinking that yet!) and listen up.
There is such a thing in the world as Shakeology, and yeah, it’s good. It’s becoming increasingly popular with just about everybody who discovers it, so today I’m going to propose a radical thought experiment: which is better for you on St. Patty’s Day: Greenberry Shakeology, or Green Beer?
- Greenberry Shakeology is green. Thus it is appropriate to St. Patty’s Day.
- Greenberry Shakeology is mega-healthy. With over 70 super healthy ingredients, it’s probably the healthiest thing you’ve ever consumed, outside of that apple you tentatively ate in 7th grade.
- Greenberry Shakeology is chock full of essential amino acids, vitamins and minerals that work together to curb cravings, reduce hunger and help you feel satiated for longer. It’s full of anti-oxidants and phytonutrients which help shed stored fat and eliminate toxins.
- Yum! It’s yummy!
- It’s like eating/drinking a ton of veggies/fruits/essential things all in one glass. Super intense. You know how a Guiness is supposed to be like a meal in a glass? This really is.
- At about $4 a glass, it’s cheaper than beer.
- You’ll look better for real, not due to beer goggles.
- It’s a thick, rich smoothie, which makes chugging hard.
- It’s a satisfying meal replacement, which makes having more than one tricky.
- It doesn’t have any alcohol, which makes getting drunk even trickier. Unless you get drunk on feeling GREAT.
- Has alcohol, which makes getting drunk with friends easy (if you’re in favor of getting drunk on St. Patty’s day, that is!)
- Is readily available at most Irish Bars, which makes getting your hands on one easy too.
- Erm, I think that’s about it.
- Remember that hangover I mentioned at the top? Tomorrow morning is going to suck.
- Empty calories! Alert, alarum! Empty calories! How many does a big beer have? Hundreds! Lots!
- Tastes kind of yucky. They usually pick a cheap beer to color, and the dye isn’t tasty at all.
- Green beer lies to you. Beer goggles! That person isn’t really that attractive. Or funny. Or into you.
So, I think the evidence is pretty conclusive that Greeberry Shakeology takes the cake and eats it too on St. Patty’s day. So later tonight when you’re out and about, partaking in Irish festivities, and an attractive Irish gent or lady offers you a green pint? Just say very loudly, while shaking your head, “NO. I only drink Greenberry Shakeology. It won’t lie to me, is yummy, and has essential phytonutrients.” Trust me. They’ll be immediately attracted to you and want to know more. Much, much more.
Get the low-down on Shakeology here! Learn about the crazy science that has gone into making this super-smoothie. All jokes aside, it really will make you look and feel good. So check it out!