It’s a happy Monday, everybody, because today I have the chance to sit back and share an excellent post from Rafi Bar-Lev, founder of the community fitness site Passionate Fitness, a blog I’ve been visiting regularly now for some time and am a huge fan of. Rafi has been a combat medic, and his intensity and dedication to fitness and health are evident in everything he writes. So pull up your chair, make yourself comfortable, and enjoy his post on extreme fitness!
5 Exercises That Show You’re in Peak Condition
You’ve been working out for months and years, your friends know of you as being the guy who never misses a workout, and you’re pretty certain that you’re in the top one percentile when it comes to being in peak physical condition. But are you really in peak condition? If you can do these 5 exercises, chances are you are:
Note: Don’t try these unless you’re certain you know what you’re doing.
1. The one handed pull up. There are very, very few people in the world who can pull off a one handed pullup. Not all professional athletes can even do one. While being one of the most difficult exercises around, if you are able to do this, you have reached peak condition. Remember, a one handed pull up means NOT having your other arm latched onto your forearm.
2. Double jump rope. Let the jump rope pass under you twice before landing. If you can do this, not only are you strong, but you have athletic ability as well.
3. The muscle up. While not quite as hard as the one handed pull up, the ability to do a muscle up shows that you’re in very good physical condition. To see if you’re in peak condition, try doing more 3 or more in a row.
4. Run 3 miles in 18 minutes. Yeah, you can lift weights, and you can jump rope, but can you run 3 miles fast? Being in peak condition means being in all around great shape, not just good at one particular thing.
5. Do all of the above in one sitting. If you can do a one handed pull up, double jump a jump rope, do a muscle up, then run 3 miles in 18 minutes and live to tell the tale…congratulations, you’ve reached peak condition. Now all that’s left to do is to encourage your friends to start exercising as well. 😛