Welcome to INSANITY: Get ready to Dig Deeper than you ever have in your life…
This is probably the hardest workout ever put on DVD. But if you think you’ve got what it takes, stay right here with Shaun T.
Beachbody CEO Carl Daikeler asked Shaun T to create INSANITY for one reason: to make you fitter than you’ve ever been in your life in just 60 days. This is no idle promise. Using his training from my college track and field days, Shaun T has created this intense 60-day total-body training program. He alternates between explosive cardio drills, power and resistance moves, plyometrics, and core and balance work that is one step from “impossible.” You’ll experience first-hand the power of MAX INTERVAL TRAINING and what it will do for your body.
60 days from now you’re going to be in shape. You’ll have energy and confidence to conquer anything. You’ll be strong, lean and tight. And while you may feel exhausted after each workout, you’ll feel like you conquered Mt. Everest. Because this is such a strenuous program, you are encourage you to do it right. Get an okay from your doctor, read the Fitness Guide (it’s short and simple). Watch the y introductory Dig Deeper DVD and follow the workouts in the right order (without skipping recovery workouts). Then get on the Elite Nutirion Plan so you can fuel your body properly for the workouts that lie ahead.
WARNING: IF YOU COMMIT TO INSANITY, YOU WILL GET INTO THE BEST SHAPE OF YOUR LIFE, BUT YOU HAVE TO BE READY AND WILLING TO SWEAT. NOT EVERYONE IS EQUIPPED FOR THESE INTENSIVE CARDIO, INTERVAL TRAINING, AND PLYOMETRICS WORKOUTS. YOU MUST CHECK WITH YOUR PHYSICIAN BEFORE STARTING THIS PROGRAM. THIS IS THE REAL DEAL.
Taking It to The Max!
MAX Interval Training allows you to spend more time on these exercise peaks than you could if you tried to go all-out without rest periods. As a result, you’ll experience faster increase in fitness and more efficient burning of carbohydrates and fat.
The Heart of the Matter: Your Heart Rate: The INSANITY program is high-intensity activity in which your heart rate approaches its maximum capacity, followed by rest periods when your heart rate will go down. Then Shaun T drives it back up again. That’s MAX Interval Training.
Most programs recommend that you work out at 70 to 85 percent of your maximum during intense intervals. Guess what? With INSANITY, you’re likely to be working at 85-plus percent of your max. (Translation: You’ll get into the best shape of your life, fast!). We recommend that you do INSANITY wearing a heart rate monitor, available in sporting-goods stores or Extreme Fitness Results.
You can also measure your intensity levels by how you feel, a method known as the “talk test” or “perceived exertion.” During the MAX aerobic intervals you’ll feel slightly out of breath. It will be hard to have a conversation. For the anaerobic intervals you’ll be breathing hard, and conversation will not be possible. (That’s why Shaun has to take breaks from time to time. If you can talk and workout at this level, you’re not pushing hard enough.)
- Check with your physician before starting. That’s not a disclaimer. We REALLY mean it.
- Take your “before” photos and measurements..
- Take the Fit test (located on the Dig Deeper DVD and your wall calendar). If you feel intimidated by the Fit Test, then consider another BeachBody program to get you in shape before you start INSANITY.
- Do your daily, INSANITY workout, outlined on your wall calendar (including the recovery workouts), and follow the Elite Nutrition plan to fuel your body with the right foods. You have to eat right to master this program.
• Take your Results & Recovery formula within 30 minutes of your workout. Your body needs it to get the best results from this program.
• Wear supportive shoes and (if needed) inserts. Cross-trainers are more supportive than running shoes.
• If your workout surface is hard (such as concrete floor), use an exercise mat like the Beachbody Plyometrics Mat.
• For muscle soreness, try ice and/or ibuprofen (according to package guidelines), and/or Performance Formula, and Results and Recovery Formula.